Thursday, November 09, 2006

Day 4 - NUH

It's pretty comforting to know that our God sends his messengers when we need them most.

I didn't mention this before but when we first checked into Ward 58 on Monday, there was a lady next to us with 3 kids and she was suffering from a relapse I believe from cancer of the kidneys. Apparently her last treatment dosage was too high and it caused "burning" on her skin
and within her throat area. Poor lady. Then on Tuesday, 2 ladies from her cell group (I believe) came by to support and pray for her. They spoke with Jo in Chinese and we shared with them that we are Believers too and they so freely prayed for the both of us (in Chineses...I learnt stuff :).

It's comforting to know that that's what Peter meant in Acts 2, that though we were seemingly strangers...we were not in the body of Christ.

When we moved to the isolation room, they somehow managed to track us down this morning. They were genuinely concerned and therein they prayed for Jo and myself once again. Truly, I believe these were His messengers he'd sent to comfort us during this time. And that was really really relieving for me. Seeing Jo vomit and feeling her pain once again...was really tough.

So as you see on the left, we can't quite have visitors because of the radioactive content still within her. What about me? Do I care seriously? All the stuff that she eats are in plastic and her hospital gown will need to be disposed off and burned. They've got separate bins for each item. Nurses seldom come in unless necessary and they stand on her left side instead of the right. Pregnant staff not allowed nearby at all. I feel like I'm in some sci-fi movie...

So this morning the pain was still excruciating and so doc provided for Morphine in liquid form to relieve this. It worked well however she was very drowsy after taking it. She was able to eat tiny bits of lunch. As for dinner she ate a little more, fish porridge with soup. But I think she at the jelly dessert most. :) That's Jo for you.

Also on another note, as I was touring the floor below us - it was the NKF Children's ward below and it was also quite sad to see many kids in hospital. Please keep them in your prayers for all the young ones whom are suffering and in pain also. Pray that our good Lord will touch and heal them too.

We pray she's ok to be discharged tomorrow...it may or may not happen, but that's fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay strong and positive. He will not abandon you. Send my regards and cheers to Jo. Sharolyn

Anonymous said...

Hi, I will continue to remember you both in prayer, especially Jo and the children down below.

God be very close to you during this time.

Much blessings in Christ.

DD