Sunday, January 07, 2007

He Knows My Name

Seeing Jo in her present state for the past 2 weeks has been tough...

We couldn't attend Watchnight Service (on Dec 31, 2006) but instead celebrated the coming of the New Year in meditative worship @ home. It was a real Blessing. One of our favourite songs is captured below. The lyrics speak simply of God's presence, insurmountable love and divine providence for His people. We only need to believe...

He Knows My Name (by Tommy Walker)

I have a maker
He formed my heart
Before even time began
My life was in His hands

He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And He hears me when I call

I have a Father he calls me His own
He'll never leave me
No matter where I go

On Friday, we studied Joshua 1 in our first Elim SG session of the new year. God spoke to me over and over again in this amazing passage -

"Be strong and courageous..." This phrase is repeated 4 x in Joshua 1.

And as God spoke to Joshua in (v.5) "...As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alex and Jo. Sorry to hear of the discomfort Jo is experiencing. Will continue to pray...God blessed 2007! - SC

Alex said...

Thanks SC for your prayers. No worries, she'll be fine.

Anonymous said...

Hi Alex & Jo, this is Wendy Watson from Wesley MC. Frances Lim of the Welcome Team sent me an email to tell me about you. Wd like to keep in touch. Please ring me at the church office 6336 1433, Look forward to speaking with you. Blessings!
wen