Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Still (Reuben Morgan)

So often when we face a crisis or problem, we try to do everything humanly possible to resolve, to take control of the situation. But really being Still is what's needed at times.. to come before God in total surrender and submission. Only then will one truly realise that we will and can soar above the storm. This song has always ministered to me and has kept me mindful of this fact and for the often occasions when I'm rushing about in the affairs of this world...to be still.

Hide me now under Your wings
Cover me within Your mighty hand

Chorus
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father, You are King over the flood
I will be still and know You are God

Find rest my soul in Christ alone
Know His power in quietness and trust

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bro indeed even Jesus encourage this when He told Martha in Luke 10:41-42 "But only one thing is needed" where He was referring to Mary sitting at His feet listening and resting in Him.

41"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, 42but only one thing is needed.[f] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."