Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Jo's 1st blog

Thanks to my dear hubby for finally setting up this blog. And since then, as you can see (and I can hear...frantic typing at all hours) from the many postings, he has been most enthusiastic about this project : )

Having a bit of writer's block here. If only I can collect all the thoughts that go through my mind just before I sleep at night and right after I wake up every morning. See, my brain has this strange ability to virtually 'type out' almost whole essays. It has 'written' complaint letters to restaurants with horrible service, rant-and-rave letters to Straits Times Forum Page, appreciation letters to dear frens and of course, potential blog postings about my life. But somehow, nothing gets printed or published, mainly cos I'm a lazy bum : (

Until now... Anyway, I'm really glad God has given me and Alex the strength to share with our family and frens about my illness. We couldn't have managed without the wonderful love and care you have all showered upon us.

Cancer has made me quite a different person. Somehow, I've become bolder and less afraid to speak my mind. But more importantly, I've become more reliant on God because at many low points in this journey, I just told God "there's nothing else I can do, please take over completely". I've learnt to wait upon His timing because sometimes He doesn't respond immediately.

I pray that God will bless me and Alex with the perseverance and strength to maintain and update this blog. And I also pray that at least a few, if not more, people out there will read our blog and be encouraged and blessed by it.

No comments: