Saturday, September 22, 2007

Happy Birthday Jo...


"My tears have been my food day and night, while men say to me all day long,"Where is your God?" Psalms 42:3

"The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms" Deuteronomy 33:27

Its been difficult, very difficult.

Today she would have been 37.

I would have to once again surprise her with a special place to dine at. Usually it would have been at the Top of the M @ the Mandarin Hotel.

Our last birthday celebration was at the Ritz.
She always loved the Ritz. It's meant alot to us. We got married there on 11th November 2000, yeah a real interesting number 11/11/00. We took a simple 2 day 1 nite package for a Standard room and got a nice upgrade to a Club Level suite last year. Really nice.

She enjoys sitting at the Club Level munching on the different "presentations" that was served every 3-4 hours. Oh she could sit there the whole day.

And we did just that.
Enjoying the simple pleasures in life...great company, good food and a nice book to read. There was peaceful silence between us. At that time her appetite was gradually decreasing, that's why the bite size presentations was ideal for her.

Jo has always been to me - my epitome of "simplicity".
She loved food and that was very much it. She didn't need fancy shoes or clothes. She had a very big and generous heart too, giving of whatever she could to the Cancer Society and other charitable organisations.

(Ah its tough writing these, that's why I hate blogging now...the tears just don't stop..)

One thing for sure, her celebrations are on an even grander scale...and its a daily affair! Amen.

From behalf of us all my dearest, we love you and wish you a Happy Birthday...from our hearts.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

“There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love.” - Washington Irving

jules said...

Yeah, remembered Jo's birthday on late Fri night and sent out a sms to friends to say a prayer together in celebration of her beautiful life lived on earth and the even more wonderful celebration she must be having in God's kingdom. Take heart, the Lord understands every teardrop that falls and He will ease your pain, in His time, in His ways...

Anonymous said...

Hey Alex, we love you too!

Happy Birthday Jo!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Alex.

My mother in law was diagnose with 4th stage liver cancer in Apr this year. She didnt opt for any treatment, just want to spend quality life with children and granychildren. I appreciate you sharing Jo's condition in your blog. As it help me to understand cancer and I am more prepared to deal with what's coming. Though my husband does not heel my advise from what I learnt from your blog, but at least I know how to deal with rest of family emotion.

Once again, thanks for sharing.

God bless you and we always remember Jo,
Kelly

Anonymous said...

My friend,
My name is Bob Perks the author of this piece. I thought you'd appreciate it. "I'll see you in my prayers."

"I Wish You enough!"
(c) 2001 Bob Perks

I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye."

Unknown said...

I loved this entry.

Anyway, sorry for checking in late, but happy birthday Jo! :))

Anonymous said...

I remember Jo's birthday every year, even though I am miles away, I always send her a birthday note. This year was especially hard, thinking of her on her birthday and finally deleting her email address, MSN chat address, even her Software Hut email address which I still kept.

I miss the high tea we had at the Ritz and being there with you guys at the wedding show.

I miss you, Jo!

Kenneth JR said...

Dear Alex, we will all never forget her mate. Everyday is her birthday and everytime i see you - i have courage to to pray everyday for all of us. My kids Zacch, Isabel and Elena's Number 1 song is The Potter's Hand ~ Your brother in Christ. Kennethjr

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday Jo

Hang in there Alex.


Tarci

Anonymous said...

I just happen to see a link to your blog, and I am thankful i read it.. thanks for your honest sharing.. take heed brother, one day you wil lsee your beloved Jo in heaven, free from all the pains and discomforts, happy and free.. =)

happy birthday Jo..

Joel Tan said...

Dear Brother Alex,

Having read a portion of your blog, it brought about a lot of thoughts to my present moment as i am only at the beginning stage of my journey with my wife. I am glad for you that God have given you so much beautiful moment with her.

- Joel Tan

Anonymous said...

Hi, just found yr blog & story about Jo as one of our friend suddenly diagnose with Stadium 4 NPC (Nose cancer).
May God bless you in the coming days for His Testimony.

In Christ.
susana