Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Week of 25/6

I don't even know where or how to begin, but here goes...

The week of 25/6 was undoubtedly crazy.
I wasn't really exhausted to think I'd about 8 hrs sleep in 4 days.
I stayed at brother's place since my KL relatives were down. It was just like old times when we'd stay up late and chat thru the nite over wine or coffee. Dad bunked over too. It's amazing all of us could squeeze into his comfy home.

Thursday (28/6) was the funeral and we had a nice thanksgiving dinner at Zui Fairprice @ Upper Thomson Road. For those of you who wasn't there. Click the link for the review by ST Foodies Club.

Friday (29/6) - Sea burial @ MSP.
We met Ricky (Hosanna Bereavement) at Marina South Pier (MSP), took an orange boat some 15 mins out to sea with Rev Alvin conducting the service. We had a nice bunch of friends with us that day. Thanks for your presence folks! We finished off again with another sumptuous meal @ my dad's and dad-in-law's fav restaurant - Spring Court Restaurant in Chinatown. Great for it's cantonese cuisine and Peking Duck!

In the evening, I hung out with my good buddies - Sam & Alex at a Pub just above the Changi Point Ferry Terminal (CPFT), I think it's called the Terminal or something. Really nice ambience...a nice quiet laid back alfresco joint. You can even catch the planes landing at Changi.

Saturday (30/6) - Oz vs Singapore Football Game @ National Stadium
You can catch DD's write up and some really great photos in his blog. We went as a foursome (DD, AC, Colin and myself) thanks to DD's friend who provided the complimentary tickets. Thank you! We had a great time shouting our lungs out at the Singapore team... of course we had to lose 3-0 to the Aussies. But hey, they played a nicer game in the end. There were some pathetic fireworks...outside water was banned and we'd had to endure some 4 hours without it since every conceivable water joint IN the stadium had a line as long as cars returning from the Causeway after a school's hols. We ended up at Barks Cafe in Changi after the game having some drinks and snacks...I was really dog tired literally.

I must say that I've experienced an amazing sense of Peace, that which only comes from God. A peace that surpasses all human understanding...

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace. Psalms 29:11

1 comment:

jules said...

Hi Alex, these words by Reatha Crow expresses what i have to say...

God Knows

You have my deepest sympathy,
but it really doesn't help.
Your grief goes beyond
what words can express.

There's nothing anyone can say,
and nothing we can do
to heal your broken heart
or take away your pain.

Let God take you in His arms
and cover you with His love.
He knows the depth of your grief
and only He can give you peace.
He knows it will take time
for your heart to heal, and
your loved one has a place
that no one else can fill.

If there's any comfort let it be this,
your loved one is with Jesus,
in a home that's filled with bliss.
There are no tears in Heaven,
no more heartache and no pain,
only love and happiness
for all eternity.

We must go on living and
do the best we can,
then when Jesus calls our name
we will be with them again.