Sunday, June 22, 2008

Feelingless...

Thank you my friends and silent supporters for your sojurn and support for me in so many ways.

I'm sorry that the blog is so much about my lament these days, it's a wonder it still gets any hits.

Its been a really tough week for me. Emotionally the roller coaster ride has begun again. Dates and memories are intriguing. The brain is fascinating. How the linkage is made between a date and the trigger of memories is mind boggling. That's exactly what I've been going through.

Today was tough in service.
Listened to a testimony of a sister who's husband passed away of cancer recently. Was truly poignant. And my life flashed before me once again. At the end of the service, Pastor Wendy asked to pray for me and a few other brothers joined in too. Thanks CS and David.

Preparing for the 'Memorial Dinner' was also difficult.
Having to face the photos and managing the stuff for it.

But I know it's something I had to do (the dinner), if not for me - only because Jo had wanted to do this a few years back. We never go to do this somehow because she was concerned about the finances even though it was fine.

It's come to a point where I wished I didn't have to feel anymore.
Wished that I could press the 'fast forward' button or the 'erase' button perhaps.

And so I continue to journey this path...
The path less travelled, yet knowing that I never travel alone.

Again, thank you for listening and reading my ramblings wherever you may be.

Do know this.

There is always Hope in our Lord Jesus Christ and we certainly can do all things through Him who gives us strength (Phil 4:13)...even in such a circumstance as this.

7 comments:

Wes & Jo said...

"I'm sorry that the blog is so much about my lament these days, it's a wonder it still gets any hits."

hey, lamenting is part of being human. no shame ok. =) wes

brent said...

This is not for posting but a personal note of encouragement. I know words are futile at moments like these but know there are a host of people around the world praying for you during this difficult month. He is your comfort. He will carry you through this.

I think people are drawn to you because of the depth of your genuineness. You are real and we are cheering from the sidelines anticipating your victory.

Have you considered writing Jo's story? A memorial of sorts...like when you first met and your courtship, your journey together, her character, etc. I'm just thinking out loud.

peace,

b

Unknown said...

I feel helpless, it seems there is nothing i can do as your friend but to read your blog, and feel what you feel, and pray.
-Judy

jules said...

Yes, u are never alone... u have our Lord Jesus, your family, friends and many unseen silent supporters... I wish you God's peace and comfort...

Anonymous said...

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 ((NASB)


3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,

4who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

==============================

You got it right. You never journey alone.

Give thanks to our Lord Jesus in all circumstances.

Unknown said...

As cliche as it might sound, I hope time might heal all wounds. I hope u can move on soon and knowing that J is resting in peace.

Take care,
Tars

Unknown said...

Dear Alex,

glad to c your blog still being updated regularly. u shldn't worry there r any less hits (doubt u r, anyway), but rather the question is whether blogging is helping u cope with your emotions and wat is the impact on those reading it? speaking for myself, i certainly hv been encouraged to c that not only r u clinging to God and His promises, u hv some "fellow sojourners" who hv been praying and thinking of u.

having an outlet is impt and the way i c it, u r coping with your loss in a healthy way. your writings hv also updated us - your friends - so that u kno how to pray for u. Romans 12:15 - "rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep".

it is true that the first anniversary is always the hardest. but the first anniversary is over and there is tomorrow. so do persevere, bro and i m sure that He who began a good work in u will b faithful to complete it.

:)