Saturday, September 16, 2006

Saturday Night Fever

Had my morning ride at ECP with the rest of the gang as usual. We rode for 42km from Fort Road Car Park B1 to Changi Village and back..you should try cycling! :)

Wild Rocket @ Mt Emily Hotel
Lunch was at a quaint restaurant tucked away at Mt Emily Road (just up the road from Peace Centre and next to Mt Sophia Road) Jo had some fish thingy (which she loved!), Jessica (her sis) had some penne pasta thingy and I had a crab linguine set. Not bad at all. After that she decided to can her shopping trip due to her fever coming on...

Saturday Night Fever
Talking about fever, it's 10:44pm now and we had to rush back from dinner at Long Beach Seafood Restaurant @ Marina South. Brother and myself had planned this dinner for our cousins from KL who'd driven in on Thursday. I thought at first she'd just gotten a chill after the dishes were served...then she told me she was shivering and it struck me that this was not right. We said a hasty farewell to our cousins (Philip, Christina and Nicky) at the table and drove dad back to Braddell before returning home.

She took her temperature the moment we got back and it read 38.6 degrees! She rushed to take a hot bath, got changed and settled into bed. She was still shivering and I had to use the hair dryer to warm her up!

If you don't already know by now, Jo's fever is chronic at this point. She takes panadol daily because the fever comes by every 8-10 hours. So far it seems as the fever has been recurring sooner, please pray with me...

"Dear Lord please remove this chronic fever that she'll not have to suffer the discomfort any further. Please show her your love and mercy and restore her in your own time. We ask for your Holy Spirit to continue to protect and watch over her and thwart and evil influence over her. In Jesus name we pray, Amen."

Dear Lord, all I ask daily is for Jo to continue to lead as normal a life as possible...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! I pray for the Lord's presence to sooth her, calm her and to take away her discomfort. I also pray for God to heal her if He is willing for we all know He is able.

Cycling... I did the Fort Rd - Changi Village thing once and only once coz I found that stretch between Changi SAFRA and Nicoll Drive highly monotonous. In theory it should have been nice as I've always enjoyed driving there but I actully found it straight and monotonous. However, it could probably be because my speed was a bit slow. But I actually didn't know that stretch and back was 42km... good to know in case I lose my mind and sign up for a marathon.

Wild Rocket... they have a pasta with laksa pesto which is fab.

I pray that you and Jo have a peaceful, enjoyable and incident free Sunday.

May God be tangibly with you this weekend.

DD

Anonymous said...

BTW - I commend you on your sense of humour (the blog title lah) despite your trials :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello Alex and Jo! I got to your blog from Danesh's blog. I will like to share with you a friend's blog and Im sure it will serve as an inspiration for you guys just like how it opened my eyes to God and that it's really not the end of the world when you take each day with one smile.

http://www.kelvindavid.blogspot.com/

I pray for Jo speedy recovery! Keep the smile on! =) 3 cheers!!

Alex said...

Hi Danesh & Michie! Thanks so much for your contributions and prayers. I guess this is what the family of Christ is in essence - not knowing one another personally but yet able to share, support and encourage one other.

You're right Danesh, the coastal road can be quite boring but not so when you ride with a bunch of nuts that just want to outride the other :) We had good size turn up of 7 guys and 1 girl. Anyway, we're not pro-riders...just middle aged man trying to relive their childhood, hee hee. We ride foldable Dahons with 20" tires. Small, sleek and portable most of all. check out www.speedmatrix.com.sg

Michie - Kelvin David was a close friend of you folks?

Anonymous said...

Hey there, no worries. Will keep you guys in my prayers too.

No, I got to know Kelvin on the net some 6 or 7 years ago but have never met up as I was overseas and then theres also procrastination in catching up.. Just when we planned to meet .. He left~

He was an inspiration and he loved taking pictures.. he used to share lots with me bout his trips and faith in God. I hope his blog helps too. =)

Anonymous said...

Heh... you middle aged? I checked your age with Ms. Choy and if you're middle aged, gosh, I'm positively old!

However, I don't feel old so that makes you young.

Yes, that is the joy of being in God's family. We are family, same Father and of course He is happy to see His family united and encourage one another :-)

1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NASB)

11Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing