Friday, October 20, 2006

Foodie or piggy??

Having a bit of sore throat and cough. Gonna blame it on the haze cos it's definitely not the chilli crab, fried chicken wings and orange juice I had the other day.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Went to check out VivoCity with hubby yesterday nite. Boom town charlie, man! It's a weekday nite and yet there were tons of people in the spanking new mall. The place is really huge and quite a lot of shops are already opened, including the highly-anticipated GAP boutique. Not quite sure what to make of the fashion nowadays though, the designs somehow don't seem very wearable. Or maybe it's just me falling behind the times...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Decided to dine at Food Republic, the retro-themed food court. Cool deco, complete with dark wooden tables/chairs, uneven stone flooring and piped-in 60s/70s Chinese songs. Food and drinks are priced a bit higher (fishball noodles for $4.50 and watermelon juice without ice for $2.70), but the place was packed! Took us a while to find an empty table and some more time to queue and get the food which was quite good actually. So will probably brave the crowd and go back another time to try the other stalls. That's the Singapore spirit, right? : )

Most of my frens will know that I'm a die-hard foodie. If you give me $500, I'll choose to blow it all on a really good meal instead of buying a branded bag or pair of shoes. Naturally, one of my worst nightmares is that, if the cancer spreads to my mouth or throat, then I won't be able to eat all my favourite food! So I'm always on the look-out for eating places with good reviews, either through TV programmes, newspapers/magazines or frens. Then depending on my craving for the day, I'll bully my hubby and make him bring me there or ta-bao.



My current fav restaurant is Wild Rocket @ Mt Emily A cosy little place with fantastic food and friendly staff. So far, have tried their crabmeat linguini with pink cream sauce, roasted Chilean seabass with sweet chilli marmalade, lamb rack marinaded with garam masala, rib-eye steak burger, pandan panna cotta and the fabulous strawberry cheesecake served in a martini glass. It's one of those rare places where you feel like going back everyday until you've tried everything on the menu, and then you continue going back again and again.

Hmmm, must start planning for my next climb up Mt Emily soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will recommend u a not quite so new jap restaurant at Mohd Sultan Rd called Yoyogi, they serve a "omakase" dinner course which means "the chef will decide " which cost abt 115/- per pax. Food comes in many small dishes. Best dish wld be the flame seared jap beef sushi , but u need to request this frm the chef.=Ah Hui

Alex said...

Thanks, will try to venture there for a special occasion!