Monday, October 02, 2006

Lots and Lots of Medicine

Some frens have been quite surprised to receive my SMS in the early hours of the morning recently. By the way, my definition of 'early' is any time before noon, which is when I get out of my very comfortable bed.

No, I've not decided to change my sleeping pattern for good. It's just that my life has been taken over by lots of pills, capsules and powders. I now have to write down a daily schedule of when to take my medicine and even set alarms on my mobile to remind myself.

Here's a typical timetable:

5am Omeprazole x 1 (anti-gastric) + Indomethacin x 1 (anti-fever)
9am Enzyme supplement x 2 (improve immune and digestive systems)
12nn TCM powder/drink x 1 + Lingzhi capsules x 4 (overall well-being)
2pm Panadol x 2 (anti-fever) + Antibiotic x 1 (nose infection)
4pm Pien Tze Huang x 1 (detox)
6pm TCM powder/drink x 1
8pm Omeprazole x 1 + Indomethacin x 1
10pm Antibiotic x 1
11pm TCM powder/drink x 1 + Lingzhi capsules x 4 + Pien Tze Huang x 1

Fun, huh?

Then there are those times when I don't take my fever medicine in time and I really suffer (I have 24/7 fever due to the large tumour). Even in tropical Singapore, I'll get chills with numb fingers and uncontrollable shivering. Once, Alex had to try and warm me up with a hair dryer while I was already wrapped up in a quilt in bed!

But thank God, so long as I follow my schedule, life goes on as per normal. Which is really great, cos I still get to meet up with frens to do lunches, high-teas and dinners : )

And by the way, I do go back to sleep after taking my medicine at 9am. So apologies if you don't get a reply on your SMS till after noon : )

No comments: