Saturday, October 21, 2006

Staring Pain in the Face (literally)

How often have you seen your loved one in pain...I mean such severe pain that tears well up in their eyes. Well this is like too many for me.

I awoke at 5:30am just to see a faint shadow bent slightly over. It was Jo and she seemed in pain. I rushed over to her side of the bed and asked what was wrong. She pointed to her tummy / liver area and I immediately knew what it was...flashbacks of our recent encounters of early morning scares filled my memory again. I uttered "God, please not again..."

But it did happen and she was in such utter pain I was so distraught myself.

She was sitting on the bedside clutching her tummy. Her face was wincing, contorting, frowning, closed. I just stared helpless sitting on the floor. I could feel her pain. It was awful. Time froze and felt like an eternity.

I quickly prayed and pleaded with God to remove the source of pain. I remembered what we learnt in Elim Small Group last night about claiming the Promises of God:

Know, believe, claim and speak it.

She took a pain killer and subsequently went back to sleep. It was 7am by then...a 90-min ordeal, gosh!

No comments: