Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Supernatural Healing



Not much happening these days apart from the erratic haze. Jo has been experiencing more pains to the liver area though. Digestion is still slow along with her small appetite these days. Each Panadol now seems to last only between 5.5 to 6 hrs at most before her fever sets in again (not to take more than 4 per day) She's been eating a fair bit over the last few days.

On Sunday after Church we went by Liang Court to have some Japanese ramen (basement level). On Monday evening she had a set dinner (Degustation menu, whatever that means?? Includes 4 appetisers, 3 soups, 1 main course and dessert, coffee and pralines) with sis, dad and myself at Gordon's Grill. Off course we could not leave till we had sampled the renown Crepe Suzette ala Gordon Grill styed. And yes, Jo had her Banana Flambe to top it off...

Yesterday she had an impromptu gathering of her girlfriends for dinner at our place after having spent half an afternoon @ Wild Rocket Restaurant at Mt Emily. Apart from the sumptuous "zhi-char" (which was home delivered from nearby zhi-cha restaurant! Min. order of $20 bucks only) which included chilli crab, venison, fried rice, prawn paste chicken and mom-in-laws famous char bee hoon!

Ok enough about food. I thought I'd share on a passage that we read together quite often from "Prayers to Move your Mountains". It's a prayer format that helps us whenever we've run out of words to say...whenever we're at a loss of what to even say... Won't you spend sometime to read and meditate likewise.

Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions. He was bruised for our iniquities. The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed. (Isaiah 53:4-5 NKJV)

Almighty God, I come before You in the name of Jesus, knowing that You hear my prayer and care about my needs (Rom 8:32). Your love is stronger than my sin (Rom. 8:38-39). Your faithfulness is greater than my suffering (Lam. 3:23) Your power is mightier than my sickness (Ps 103:3). You are Jehovah-Rapha, the God who heals me (Ex. 15:26)

I present myself to You asking that You would touch me. Breathe into me Your breath of life (Gen 2:7). May the creative power of Your life-giving Holy Spirit course throughout my body and make me whole again.

Lord Jesus, You bore my griefs. You carried my sorrows. You were esteemed stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But You were wounded for my transgressions. You were bruised for my iniquities. You took the chastisement for my peace upon Yourself, and by Your stripes I am healed (Isa. 53:4-5)

Your blood is more than sufficient to cleanse me, heal me, and secure my salvation (Heb. 9:13-14). Cover me with Your precious blood. Your Word says,"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed" (James 5:16 NKJV). Examine my heart. Convict me and purge me of any sin that hinders the flow of Your healing power. I resolve to come clean with all my sin so that You would wash me and restore my body.

Throughout Your earthly ministry, You demonstrated Your love and compassion by healing the physical and emotional infirmities of men and women just like me (Matt 14:14). And everyone who touched You was made well. Lord Jesus, I reach out to touch even the hem of Your garment that You would heal me just as You healed them (Mark 5:27-28).

I place my confidence in Your love, Your faithfulness, and Your power to overcome any ailment, disorder, or malady. And I rejoice in advance as I anticipate Your intervention on my behalf.

I cast all my cares upon You because I know You care for me (1 Peter 5:7)

No comments: