Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Friends@Jelita






Last Sunday evening, Jo suggested that we try this new outlet at Jelita called "Friends."
On getting dressed I usually ask her what kind of an outlet is it - casual / formal etc etc. She knows I'm a really laidback dresser loving to hang out in my berms and flip flops... and so she said it was a casual dining place... and lo and behold I reached out for my fav berms and fav Arsenal T-Shirt!

On arriving, it was a different story as you see above. I was quite surprised to see a really nice set up with plush dining tables, wine glasses, napkins and rather nicely dressed customers. Even then we were greeted nicely by the waiter while we were flipping through the menu placed outside the restaurant.

What We Ate
So, to cut the story short this is what we both had:
Jo - Roasted rock garoupa on warm nicoise salad with garlica anchovy butter sauce
Me - Set menu - Friends salad, ukranian borsch soup, roasted beef tenderloin, onion marmalade, pistachio potato puree and beef glazed. Dessert was baked fuji apple topped with vanilla ice cream.

The beef was really good and I'm glad I had it cooked medium. Onion was really unique and tasted great too. A first for me. The garoupa was prepared really well. Overall a very good dining experience. We were the only ones left in the restaurant when we finished and had a short chat with the waiter. The original outlet is located at Serangoon Gardens near the Chomp Chomp hawker centre.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good place... must check it out. You guys had a really busy Sunday, eh?

Anonymous said...

we ordered some food for a small group party and wine.
all our guests love it.
great value wine.
just ask the staff for a takeaway discount.
we got 30+% off the wine list price