Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Witnessing of Baptism@CEFC



Sunday was a busy day for us. After rushing back from Youth Ministry, we headed down to Covenant Evangelical Free Church to witness Jo's friend's baptism (who is also her ex-boss).

The whole ceremony was simple, solemn and touching. Touching because the testimonies were simple yet so powerful in that it all pointed to Christ - our sustainer, rock and redeemer. The testimonies showed the God's power can change and transform lives even when it seems impossible.

For Christians, Baptism is a journey we all must take as Christ had commanded (Matt 28:19). Baptism is an outward expression of an inward Faith. It's simply the individual taking that next step of commitment with God saying "Lord, I'm ready to be all that You want me to be. I avail myself to being obedient and to do Your will" Baptism is symbolic for the Christian because the act identifies us with Christ (and is also conducted publicly for all to see) When the Christian is submerged in the water, it symbolizes death and burial of the old sinful selves. When he/she emerges from the water the symbolism is freedom from sin's power.

At the end of the day, Jo and I were just happy to welcome more brother's and sister's into the family of Christ.

For me, I was even happier that Jo was well to make the trip (all the way to Bukit Panjang) and hang out with her friends for some 2 hours. Amen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, buddy. SC was really glad to see Jo there. You got the pictures, ya?

Catch you soon. Did 3 teh o halia today :-)

Anonymous said...

What radiant smile! :-D CT

Anonymous said...

Hi Alex and Jo,

I was so delighted to see you both. Thanks for making the extra effort. I am so blessed by your witness...God blessed!

SC