Tuesday, June 12, 2007

12 June 2007

Today marks our 1 week in SGH.
A couple more days and we would've set a new record for longest stay in any hospital thus far.

Jo rested well last evening.
No major situations.
Was very glad.
Gave thanks as always.

I was only anticipating that we could have been discharged today, but she had to stay for further observation. Just to be absolutely certain that she would be fine when discharged.

Water was released this morning measuring some 500ml.

Jo however still felt a little nauseous (thanks to DD and Jotan for highlighting the error), thank God she didn't vomit or retch so far. Appetite was a little better. Last night she had some duck noodles (perhaps the only edible item at the SGH kopitiam) and cheng thng plus etc etc. Today she had a little bee hoon and fav Solero lime ice cream.

May brought tomato soup and garlic bread. Kett as usual, brought sandwiches and bread from the Provence Bakery & Cafe at Holland Village along with chicken rice for me. Really nice stuff at Provence if you've not tried it.

Jo's stomach is still a little bloated, mainly from gas within. Dr Leong had suggested some sort of enema to release the air if it's still bothering her.

Well, a quiet day so far. Managed to steal an hour and half away to the office to complete some paperwork. Am really thankful for such a working environment along with an understanding boss and all.

3 patients were discharged when I returned to the ward. Only Jo and MIL was present. It seemed really strange to see a room devoid of patients except one. And just as soon as I'd said this, the beds were once again filled. Cancer is a no. 1 medical problem and I hope all of us will remain diligent in maintaining regular health checks for this.

The poor malay lady opposite Jo was in tears this afternoon after returning from an operation. It seemed that the doc had made an error (?) and needed to redo the procedure again. Just tried my best in consoling her and her husband with my limited but legible Malayu.

May God watch over all who are suffering and grant them peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isaiah 30:26: "Moreover the light of the moon will be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun will be sevenfold than usual, like the light of 7 days in one. This will all happen when the Lord bandages and heals the wounds he has given his people."

On Sunday night (before the op), I woke up in the middle of the night to see the brightest new crescent moon ever in my life! I prayed... On Monday morning, I woke up to one of the most glorious sunrise I've ever seen! and I prayed...

Zephaniah 3:9: "For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve Him with one consent."

Genesis 10 11:6: "And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do!"

Since I've always been interested in languages, I've started to learn a new "language" through reading the Bible & praying in order to communicate on the same wavelength with little Jo and Alex and the many new-found friends through them.

What Jo and I shared tonight I share with you here in Matthew 5 4:16: "In the same way your light must shine before people, so that they will see the good things you do and praise your Father in heaven."