Saturday, June 23, 2007

A Whole New Routine

Sorry for the delay, you folks probably knew it was an extremely tough week for me, but by His Grace, I've made it through in one piece.

Updates first...
Jo was resting fine from Monday to Tuesday, sleeping nearly most of the day. From Wednesday to Thursday, she was all uncomfortable and the worse part was that she began vomiting again.

Monday was really tough and I got bros from my cell group to come over to pray in the evening.

She also wanted to sleep in the living room sofa, which was quite a monumental task given the fact that she hardly has any strength. All this had to happen at 1:30am on Wednesday morning. I had to lift her up and put her down in my study chair which had wheels, then pushed her to the living room.

Since Jo doesn't have energy to lift a cup, we (Jessica and MIL) have to be constantly by her side 24x7. I've decided to keep a journal to ensure Jessica and MIL are kept informed on the past/previous days activities. The following is Thursday's account which was the toughest so far:

815am - Banana smoothie
830am - Vomited out
850am - Draining: 400ml
920am - Changed Duoderm dressing.
1020am - Vomited and brushed teeth
1130am - Nurse Tan came by to assist in realigning the cope loop extension
245pm - Vomited after Motilium
530pm - Vomited after MST (Morphine tablet)
715pm - Draining: 800ml
1000pm - Vomited after water
1030pm - Had pink ice cubes (made by Jess)
10:50pm - Toilet break
11:30pm - Vomited again. Changed top, pillows.

MIL comes in the mornings as mentioned.
Jessica comes over in the afternoon to assist MIL.
I typically will work from home mornings and leave for work/meetings in the afternoon when required.

Again, I thank God for their help since I'm at least able to catch up on sleep in the afternoon when needed.

Pastor Wendy Watson has been another God sent. I'll share more in my next entry. Okay, got to run, she's calling! :)

God Bless my friends and thank you for all the encouragement, kind words, songs and support across the globe... much more than us being a testimony, God had send you to us likewise. Amen.

6 comments:

Jas aka paced said...

Hey, if Jo has no energy to lift a cup, place the cup near her at a lower lvl with a straw for her to sip on. That was what my bf n family did for me when I was drowsy n tired from chemo...

Anonymous said...

My prayers are always with you both. Thanks for your update. As usual, I'm just a phone call away.

I continue to pray for the Lord's favour upon you both.

DD

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to see your update.
Keep pressing on....

cousin joyce n sum mah

Anonymous said...

Keep pressing on for our Lord is with you. Prayers and love are all around you as well.

~Esther

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much, Alex, for squeezing out time in bwt your hectic schedule to do give us an update. Both you and my brave cousin are in my prayer. I have a wheelchair with detachable arm-rest. Might be easier for both of you (to put her on/out of it & also push ard) rather than your study chair. Let me know if you need it.

Cousin Mun

paul goh said...

It is in our weakness that God's Grace amd Glory shine through most.

We are praying for both of you.

May His Mercy prevails.