Sunday, June 24, 2007

By His Strength



Since Wednesday, I think I've clocked about 8 hours of sleep at most.
Thursday & Friday was really tough as she was uncomfortable all round.
I should clock more today, cos' she's a little better.




Jo's Funny Side

The funny thing about my dearest is that even in her dreams and mild hallucinations -its about food. She was forcibly angry @ 3:00am this morning when she couldn't get her Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Ice Blended Mocha! Ha ha ha. And of course being the blur guy I am, I mistook this for coffee ice cream which she wanted. I searched the Net for ice cream from the local coffee joints but didn't find any and so in frustration I drove off to get the Haagen Daz ice-cream coffee flavour. Wow, she was upset that it wasn't ice blended and then it only dawned upon me then. By the way she was rattling off from 3:00am all the way till she got it @ 8:30am...amazing!

A half hour later, she asked for Slurpee from 7-11...somehow I shouldn't have gotten it cos' it didn't do her any good...sheesh!

I'm Bilingual
She's also taken to speaking in Chinese/Mandarin on occasion and this has made our communication more interesting. I'm effectively communicating to her in both English and Chinese these days, something I've not done before. Those who know me know how great my command of the second language is. God has a great sense of humour :)

The Fridge
Always stocked with Soya Bean, Ribena, Orange Juice, Ensure (Vanilla @ Strawberry), Lemon Barley drinks all in tetrapak form. The Freezer has 3 varieties of Haagen Daz - Vanilla, Coffee, Strawberry. 3 sticks of Solero and some Japanese ice cream Jessica bought.

Today (Saturday)

It's 2:48am and I've just cleaned her tailbone wound. Again totally exhausted. It was harrowing because I had to reason with her to lie a certain way if not it would be near impossible to dress the wound. Understanding that this was difficult for her too as she was experiencing pains in different angles. Always happens during my watch. I think I shouldn't have problems putting "Male Nurse" on my CV in the future. I will probably need to get her a bed pan. Her strength is being sapped by the day...going to the loo is too stressful for her and for me.

Pastor Wendy Watson and Wai Leng.
Both of them first visited us @ Ward 48 1 week back.
And since Wednesday, they've been my other "mobile comfort team" - not only coming by to share and pray, but to provide dinner:

Wed - Don Pies x 2 (Chicken & Shepherd's Pie)
Thur - Oxtail Soup and Bread! (Home made!)
Fri - Herbal Chicken and Rice!

Am truly grateful and speechless, but as I've said before I've learned to accept help and food...especially (wink!) Just kidding. Seriously I'll call if I need anything. Am no longer shy, in fact I've become alot like Jo - I'll tell you specifically what I want and you better get it!

In Gratitude
Laureen, thanks for the gifts.
My Oz prayer team: Dora, Steve, Kin Wai and Diana, thank you all for your prayers and concerns.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zao an, my friend. Thanks for the update.


Ephesians 2:19-22

19So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household,

20having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,

21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord,

22in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

===========================

I'm in this with you, buddy. In my prayers, daily.

DD

Anonymous said...

Yes, our little Jo is a funny gal & adorable too!

Mom & me covered Alex that morning while he rushed out to get the "coffee ice-cream", thinking that Jo could be easily pacified by some substitute. She was chasing Alex to "hurry! hurry!"

But she rejected the coffee ice-cream after tasting it once as "it's not the same..." She even told us which Coffee Bean outlet to get her ice-blend!

Jo also wanted her "gassy" soft drink so much that she suggested ice-cream float, & even told me to get myself a can of drink so that she can have a sip too! She said we bullied her when we said no :(

Thank you, Alex, for being Jo's ever doting hubby, for incredible strength, endurance, patience, kindness, gentleness...

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 "We are often troubled, but not crushed; sometimes in doubt, but never in despair; there are many enemies, but we are never without a friend; and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed"

2 Corinthians 6:4 "Instead in everything we do we show that we are God's servants by patiently enduring troubles, hardships and difficulties"