Sunday, June 10, 2007

Mighty Morphine

Jo was in a lot of discomfort most of yesterday afternoon. The bloatedness was getting unbearable so much so that she was in a semi-fit - wriggling and moaning. Thank God this was resolved when the morphine level was upped one notch.

She is on Morphine infusion @ 0.5ml per hour. It was at 0.3ml originally.

It was helpful in relieving the pain in the tummy and at her bum. She's got a sore there caused by her sharp tail bone which she seats on daily.

Anyway, the good news is that she was finally able to sleep some 13 hours from 6:30pm yesterday till 7am this morning. Amen for that.

With more Morphine means she gets more drowsy and sleepy, but importantly the pain is kept at bay. They changed the drip from the left to the right arm as the veins weren't very good. In fact she now has a bloated left arm due to water retention.

Please pray that the cope loop goes well tomorrow. The bloatedness all around will be reduced, so with her left arm.

Thank you for your prayers.
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

1 comment:

Jas aka paced said...

I'm glad that morphine is helping Jo cope with the pains. If need help, just "shout".
U guys are always in my prayers.