Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The "A" Team

We've had an incredible God sent team supporting us all this time.
First and foremost, father-in law, mom-in law and Jessica have been at our call 24x7.

FIL (at 74 years!) has been buying lunch regularly for Jo and myself. MIL has been dishing up her wonderful dinners nearly daily for us too. Jessica, has been getting all sorts of stuff and importantly cooking her first class chawan-mushi that's attained Jo's 5 star review.

Then there is the other support team (I like the term A Team better) working behind the scenes always praying, ever giving and unconditionally loving us. Just reflecting on this has made us feel so Blessed and truly loved. That's what Paul (the Apostle) mentioned in 1 Corinthians 12 isn't it, that the body is a unit though made up of many parts. Truly astounding when you see friends and family all garner together for a single cause.

Wow. Thank You God!

They have been doing the following:

- giving us a shoulder or two to cry on
- listening to us
- buying and delivering food (minestrone & garlic bread, japanese food, chicken soup, the list goes on)
- delivering CDs (audio sermons)
- running errands
- doing groceries
- coming by to pray
- ready to chaperone Jo @ home
- helping with our domestic paperwork
- donating platelets
- encouraging us through SMS-es and thru this Blog

Also, MIL had decided to leave her job to tag team with me to look after Jo full time since last Friday. I had suggested a week back while at SGH that I really needed more help moving forward and it seems she was glad to have me request this. Typically she'll come by as and when I'm out to watch over Jo. I am so grateful for that.

I know many more want to help and both Jo and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts. But really, leave me to contact you because we are not "pai seh" (shy) one. Trust me, when the time comes you will be "activated" accordingly and you better be ready :)

One thing I have learnt about being a caregiver is:
a. It requires stamina
b. It demands sensitivity
c. It involves help from others. Never trying to be a "Rambo"

God Bless and Thank you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dear jo and alex

i hv been deeply encouraged by your walk of faith as shown by your blog. i don't really hv much to say, except tat u r in my thots and prayers and pls do not hesitate to call me if u need anything. i m not sure if i can donate platelets as i hover between 49-50 kg. but do contact me, u never kno.

God Bless u both